Blogmas Day 3! 🎄
Today I am going to share with you my gingerbread men recipe. So i saw this in a magazine and ripped it out and have since made it quite a couple of times. I have changed it alittle and will be giving you the changed one today.
You will need:
- 1/3 cup (75g) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (175g) golden syrup
- 3 cups (450g) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons of ground ginger (I will be trying 3 teaspoons next time)
- 4 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate soda
- 1 egg, beaten slightly
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup (160g) pure icing sugar
- food colouring/cachous as you wish.
- Preheat oven to 180C. I like to use baking paper but if don’t want to, grease your baking tray here.
- Heat butter, sugar, golden syrup in the microwave until butter has melted (30-40seconds). Then let the mixture cool.
- Sift flour, spices, bicarb soda in a large bowl. Add the butter mixture and stir to combine.
- Divide the dough in half and knead one half on the benchtop making sure the surface is floured. Using a rolling pin, roll ou the dough to about 5mm. Use gingerbread man cookie cutter and then place the cut shape onto baking tray.
- Bake the gingerbread men for 10 mins or until golden brown.
- Icing: beat the egg white with an electric mixer until frothy and gradually add sifted icing sugar. Beat between addition until stiff peaks form. Then add food colouring if you want.